Tuesday 17 July 2007

6 months


I have been working in the European Parliament for the last 6 months, what are the lessons learned and what keeps me willing to continue as long as my contribution is considered necessary.

Lessons learned
- EP is dependent on Mickey Mouse...
- Monthly trips to Strasbourg is a waste...
- Red, yellow, blue, pink, white colours got a completely new meaning in my life...
- No matter who holds the competence, it is good to have an opinion...
- Bureaucracy - buraucrazy...
- We are not here to make friends, but without friends you do not advance...
- As long as you are there and play along no one will bother you...
- You learn everyday, but you need to have a good filter for information...
- Dedication is there, but power is not...
- Focus is the keyword in order to survive in these waters...
Overall, I must admit that EP is a great place to work if you want to develop as an individual and as a professional. Since Parliamentary work was rather a novelty for me, I am very happy to be at the heart of the European discussions. Amazing networking arena for eurominded people and a happy crowd to have good time with after working hours.

No comments: