Tuesday 5 June 2007

PARENTS

I have not been outspoken last week, due to the fact that my one and only parents paid an official visit to Brussels for an entire week. It is a an annual occassion that is becoming some sort of wonderful tradition, nevertheless, quite a painful one sine someone has to take care of them.
Well, I wonder why, but my parents are like imagine small children to be. Changing mood with no explanations, asking loads of stupid questions, helpless in an unknown environments, nervous of any unplanned developments or circumstances... This is easy to bear for the first few days, next days it becomes difficult and last days you just can not wait to get done with the visit and stay on your own for a little while.

...but hey, I should not complain, I love my parents and I hope they have enjoyed all those numerous visits - Amsterdam, Kinderdijk, Mini Europe, Heidelberg, Baden Baden, Strasbourg, Alsace wine route...


2 comments:

Diogo said...

I feel exactly the same, even when it's me visiting them...

Everydayetterbeekoise said...

i couldnt agree more!!! and yet we keep having parents around and loving them as much as always..

human beings are weird.