Thursday 1 February 2007

Morning in Etterbeek


Have you seen faces of the people that go to work every morning? Reading free news papers, listening to iPOD, staring into last night dream or reality... Those faces can be scary and sometimes quite funny...


Since I started to work in the Parliament, I am usually taking the same metro route at approximately the same time every morning, so on my list there couple of strangers that I must see, otherwise the day starts differently...


...a guy that is working in a construction at the metro sight, he is holding a remote control for the huge (uups! do not know the English word) crane (it is carrying heavy load up in the air). He is quite funky and believes to be an extremely important element on the way to successful completion of the Metro station...


...another one that I can remember quite well is wearing a uniform, but he is not a police officer or firefighter, I guess he is issuing parking tickets, since on his cap which he puts on no matter what, apparently, is written Etterbeek and a sign of the commune...each time I see him, I am immediately thinking of whether I have paid my parking, luckily by that time Neringa is already on her way to the office as well...


You need to be a huge optimist in this city...fog, rain, clouds is kind of depressing, but well I can only be happy that I am not in Lithuania, since there it is -5 and apparently snow storms are coming over the weekend...

No comments: